As much as we like drinking beer, we like cooking with it too. If you’re looking for a unique mustard to go with your beer brats this spring, try this beer mustard recipe.
Beer Mustard Recipe
- 1/3 cup yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup brown mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup dark beer, divided
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a small bowl, cover yellow and brown mustard seeds with vinegar and 1/2 cup of beer. Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- In a small saucepan, mix together remaining ½ cup of beer, sugar, honey, salt, turmeric, and allspice. Bring to a boil over medium heat, remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
- In the jar of a blender add mustard seeds with their soaking liquid and cooled mixture from saucepan. Puree until smooth. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate overnight before using.