Have extra spent grain to get rid of? Take 10 minutes to mix it with some flour, water, yeast, and salt, wait, then bake it for an easy, fresh bread.
Spent Grain No Knead Bread Recipe
- 3 Cups Flour 1 Cup Spent grain
- ¼ Tsp. Yeast
- 1 ½ Tsp. Salt
- 1 ½ Cups Water
- Mix together the dry ingredients.
- Mix in water until the water is incorporated.
- Cover with plastic and let sit 18-24 hours.
- Fold the bread over on itself a couple of times.
- Cover loosely with plastic and rest for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to well-floured towel. Cover with another towel and let rise about 1 1/2 hours.
- Turn it over into a dutch oven. Just dump it in there. It will be a mess.
- Place into a preheated 500 degree oven. Bake for 30 mins.
- Remove cover; reduce heat to 450 degrees and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely on rack.